Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers a:
• Screening mammogram once every 12 months (11 full months must have passed since the last screening)
• Diagnostic mammogram when medically necessary
• Women with Medicare 40 or older are covered
• Women with Medicare between 35-39 can get one baseline mammogram
Your costs in Original Medicare
• Screening mammogram: You pay nothing for the screening test if the doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts assignment
• Diagnostic mammogram: You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount, and the Part B deductible applies.